A message from our President & CEO Abby Drane
Services Provided From the Comfort of Your Home
Seven Counties Services is a Community Mental Health Center that offers a full range of mental and behavioral health services, substance abuse treatment, and intellectual and developmental disabilities services in a seven-county region in Kentucky. These counties include Jefferson, Oldham, Bullitt, Shelby, Spencer, Trimble, and Henry. We understand that COVID-19 has impacted our community. If you or a loved one needs mental health, substance treatment, or intellectual and developmental disability services, request a first appointment here: https://sevencounties.org/request-first-appointment/ or call us at 502-589-1100. Our counselors are here to answer your questions.
Seven Counties Services is offering telehealth services
If you are a new or current client, we have therapists, physicians, case managers, community support providers, and peer support services to help you. You may be eligible to access services using telehealth, telemedicine, and telepsychology. To set up your telehealth appointment, call 502-589-1100 or request an appointment here: https://sevencounties.org/request-first-appointment/
The benefits of Telehealth Services:
- How do I access a telehealth appointment? Call 502-589-1100 to set up an appointment and a counselor will request your email address to send you a Zoom link for the appointment.
- What can I expect with a telehealth appointment? A Zoom link will have been sent to the email address you shared with the phone counselor or business staff. When you open the Zoom link, you will be in a waiting room on the computer, tablet, or phone that you are using. The therapist will admit you to the therapy session. The therapist will identify themselves and go over emergency safety protocols with you, such as what happens if you get disconnected, have a frozen internet, or experience a health or other related emergency during the appointment. Once this is briefly reviewed, you will begin the therapy appointment.
- Will my appointment be private on the Zoom app/telehealth appointment? Yes, your therapist, physician, or case manager, will admit you to the appointment and Zoom is a HIPAA-compliant platform to conduct your services.
- What safety protocols are being followed for in-office appointments or at addiction residential services? Our staff are asking screening questions, taking temperatures, utilizing social distancing measures, wearing face masks, quarantine measures in our addiction residential treatment facilities, and frequently sanitizing our commonly used areas.
- What if I am not able to do a telehealth appointment from my home? At our office locations, we have a designated office space with computers set up for our clients to access via an appointment for their telehealth session. Some of our locations are beginning to reopen to conduct client appointments in person.
- What are quarantine and social distancing? Quarantine separates and restricts the movement of people who were exposed to a contagious disease to see if they become sick. Social distancing means remaining out of places where people meet or gather, maintaining distance, approximately 6 feet from others. Telehealth services helps us accommodate both quarantine and social distancing guidelines to help stop the spread of the COVID-19 virus.