Substance Use Getting Started
If you or a loved one are among the millions of people struggling with a drug or alcohol addiction, know that recovery is possible! Realizing that you need help to overcome your addiction is the first step in your journey to sobriety. At Seven Counties Services, we’re here to help you every step of the way.
Our dedicated staff provides services and support to help you live your best life, substance-free. We understand that each client is unique, which is why each treatment plan is individualized to your needs and goals. We help over 4,000 people annually begin their road to recovery!
Scope of Services
- Addiction Stabilization Unit
- Medical Detox
- Residential / Inpatient Programming for Men, Women, and Pregnant Women
- Recovery Support Housing for Men & Women
- Intensive Outpatient Programs (IOP)
- Drug Screens for Fentanyl
- Kentucky Moms Case Management
- Peer Support
- Recovery-Oriented Medication-Assisted Treatment
- Occupational Therapy for Substance Use Disorders
Warning Signs of Unhealthy Substance Use
- Problems at School or Work
- Physical Health Issues
- Bloodshot Eyes or Pupils Larger or Smaller Than Usual
- Neglected Appearance
- Sudden Weight Loss or Gain
- Changes in Behavior
- Engaging in Secretive or Suspicious Behaviors
- Unexplained Need for Money or Financial Issues
- Sudden Change in Friends, Hobbies, and Hangouts
*Not a complete list of Warning Signs of Unhealthy Substance Use
Personal Signs of Substance Use Disorder
- The need to use the drug regularly (daily or even several times a day)
- Having intense urges for the drug that block out any other thoughts
- Needing more of the drug over time to achieve the same affect
- Continuing to use the drug, even though you know it’s causing problems in your life
- Failing in your attempts to stop using the drug
- Experiencing withdrawal symptoms when you attempt to stop taking the drug
- Continuing to use regardless of negative consequences
- Continuing to use drugs substances even when in dangerous Situations
*Not a complete list of Physical Signs of Substance Use Disorder
Substance Use Family Recovery Court
A voluntary program designed for families who struggle with substance abuse and are involved with the child welfare system. The program works towards the initial goal of sobriety, with the ultimate goal being to regain custody of the child(ren). The Family Recovery Court’s mission is to help aid parents struggling with sobriety into responsible caregivers with the resources to provide safe, stable homes through the collaborative services of the court, treatment provider, and community.
What To Expect
Your recovery journey with Seven Counties Services starts the moment you pick up the phone, contact us online, or walk into one of our locations. During your first appointment, you can expect to meet with a licensed counselor and medical staff to complete a comprehensive assessment of your individualized needs. This will allow us to determine the appropriate level of care required to assist you on your recovery journey. We encourage you to bring a friend or family member to support you during the assessment process.
Based on the assessment, a treatment plan will be developed that may include a combination of services such as counseling, medication-assisted treatment, and support groups. Throughout the recovery journey, you will work closely with our team of professionals, who will provide guidance, support, and accountability. Regular progress evaluations will be conducted to ensure that the treatment plan is meeting your needs and to make any necessary adjustments. Whether you need short-term or long-term treatment, we’ll walk alongside you every step of the way to become a healthier, happier you!
In addition, Seven Counties Services also provides family support services to help loved ones understand and support the recovery process. We also provide aftercare services to help clients continue their recovery journey and maintain their progress after completing the program. Addiction Recovery is a lifelong progress, and with our team of support and resources, you can achieve lasting recovery and improve your overall quality of life!